Friends, this Thanksgiving season we will express our gratitude to God for His great grace by partnering with One Acre Café and providing “Blessing Bundles” for some of our friends in the JC area. Each year, OAC provides a free meal for the community on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and we have an opportunity to come alongside them in their generous act. Beginning this Sunday, we will collect the following items to create our “Blessing Bundle:”
- Pair of wool/winter socks
- Pair of gloves
- Set of hand warmers
- Winter hat
- Health Mask
Each of these items will be “bundled” up in blankets provided by our brothers and sisters at Bethesda and then given out at OAC on Wednesday, November 25thJ. Simply place your items in the bins provided at the church in the coming weeks and be prayerfully expectant of God using your generosity to bring warmth and hope to another. Blessings, Pastor Bryan
1) As we gather, we will purposefully plan for and excercise social distancing that will include the wearing of face masks, use of every-other pew for seating, seating in family groups with six-foot separation of individuals and family groupings.
2) Free masks will be made available for those who do not have a mask.
3) The practice of greeting, handshaking and warm embraces will be suspended.
4) At the conclusion of worship our tradition of gathering and greeting in the Church hallway will be suspended, and we will ask those in attendance to exit the sanctuary and to maintain social distancing outside on church grounds.
5) Our method of sharing Holy Communion will will likely be altered from the use of a common cup and intinction of the Host (the bread) with the alternate use of individual servings with disposable individual cups.
6) Hand sanitation stations will be established at the entry to the sanctuary and other location and all who gather will be encouraged to use these stations. Announcements from the lectern will be made to encourage the use of hand sanitation and frequent hand washing.
7) The pastor will make himself fully available to those in need via appointment to avoid group comigrating while waiting for the pastor.
8) Worship services will be limited to no more than 60 minutes.
9) In-person meetings will be limited to gatherings of no more than 50 percent seating capacity, but the 50 percent capacity will be reduced to accommodate six feet separation. We will continue to use Zoom meetings for Sunday school classrooms that are small. Worship service will be simulcast via Zoom. Eden’s sanctuary is large compared to the number who regularly attend.
10) Choir will be suspended, and soloist specials will be substituted. Soloist will be restricted to 15 feet distance from others.
11) Sunday school classes at the church are suspended unless the group is 10 or less.
12) Weekly cleaning will occur after the Sunday service.
13) Meals and are suspended and snacks are prohibited.
Eden Greenwood Cemetery
If you have family buried there, please consider sending a check to help cover mowing-upkeep expenses to:
Greenwood Eden Cemetery
% Wayne Dulaney 190 Dulaney Road Jonesborough, TN. 37659